As part of efforts to address the City’s unprecedented budget deficits, MUNI SCHEDULE CHANGES are effective May 8. New schedules and other information are at www.SFMTA.com (printable PDF brochure of the changes) or call 511 for specific transit information.
Transbay Blog has a good overview of the changes coming up:
- Most major lines (J, K, L, M, N, T, 1, 5, 6, 8X/AX/BX, 9/9L, 14/14L/14X, 16X, 22, 28, 30 long, 38, 45, 47, 49, 71L, and 88) would see decreases in peak and/or midday frequencies of 1-3 minutes. Most major routes would also see a 2-10 minute frequency reduction in evening and night service.
- Local lines could see as much as a 1-5 minute frequency reduction at peak, 1-10 minute reduction midday, and 5-10 minute reduction in the evening and night hours.
- Some community lines could see a 5-10 minute frequency reduction at peak or midday.
- Peak-hour short runs implemented on the M-Oceanview, which would slightly increase service to S.F. State while decreasing service to Balboa Park.
- Some lines will start later in the day, and many will end earlier at night than currently scheduled.
- Reduce owl service frequency from 2 buses/hour to 1 bus/hour.